General Terms and Conditions and Booking/Cancellation Policies
General Conditions of Participation
Included in the price:
- all the services listed for each type of service according to the routes described for the various excursions (e.g. lunch, equipment, shoes and jackets, cable car ticket, etc.)
- nature guide and/or driver services, transport by jeep or minivan, mountain guide/vulcanology (if applicable)
Not included in the price:
- personal equipment (e.g. hats, winter clothes, swimsuit, river shoes etc.)
- entrance ticket to the Greek theatre in Taormina, lift to the alcantara’s gorges.
- lunches, drinks, tips, rentals and extras generally not included in the program
All our excursions always offer a multilingual guide service (Italian and English). French or Spanish languages, however, will be available only on request and availability of the french/spanish speaking naturalistic guide.
- If the booking is made directly through our website, you will pay directly 100% of the total amount of the chosen service at the time of booking. You can cancel your reservation free of charge, but at least 7 days prior to the scheduled date of the service. In case of late cancellation (i.e. with less than 7 days notice from the date of service) or in case of no-show on the same morning of the excursion, we will keep a penalty of the 50% of the total amount. So, you will be refunded the remaining 50% paid in advance.
- If the reservation is made following a prior request of availability, to confirm the excursion you have to give us the details of your credit card (we do not accept American Express) with numbers, its expiration date, and cardholder as a guarantee via the link provided by e-mail, or make the advance payment of 50% of the total amount, according to the service chosen, by bank transfer. You can cancel your reservation free of charge, but you have to cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled date of execution. In case of late cancellation (i.e. with less than 7 days notice from the date of service) or in case of no-show on the morning of the excursion, we will charge 50% of the total amount from the card provided for guarantee. In case the reservation was confirmed by the payment of 50%, in this case, we will keep the deposit already paid in advance. We also remind you that if the balance, at the end of the service, should be paid by credit card, we will charge manually your credit card by the office, as in our vehicles we do not have POS machine.
- We inform you, in any case, that to be sure that your reservation is confirmed you will need to receive our confirmation email!
Program Changes and Cancellation Policies
Etna People will refund the participation fee or will not charge the penalty fee when the excursion cannot take place due to force majeure (e.g. adverse weather conditions) or for the sudden interruption following an unavoidable decision of the guide for issues related to the safety of the stay at altitude, with the consequent early end of the service.
However, those who do not show up at the start of the trip, or who choose not to participate in the excursion once the safety conditions are good and the guide decides to begin the excursion, will have to pay the penalty.
Modifications and Responsibility
Etna People reserves the right to modify the itineraries even during the excursion if the nature guide deems it appropriate and for reasons of force majeure, in this case, the refund will be quantified according to the specific case and the contingent situations.
Etna People is not responsible for damages that may occur to travelers through the fault of third parties or due to force majeure (earthquakes, floods, landslides, typhoons, riots, strikes, attacks, etc.).
The carrying out of the excursions on Etna is always subordinate to the decisions of the guide who will accompany you during the excursion and therefore he is free to vary the travel itinerary according to the safety conditions considered necessary for the carrying out of the same.
The travel program is covered by insurance policy in accordance with the rules of Italian law.